Thursday, February 22, 2007

Women in Science

I'm not a natural-born activist. Never, until now, had I'd been actively pursuing a cause, regardless of whether I believed in it or not. But this women in science business, really gets on my nerves. I'm a woman. I'm in science, a physicist by education and an astronomer at heart.

Naturally I have lots of questions, mostly of which I can't answer.

Am I fighting a lost cause?

Is there an obvious point where I can say, "I had enough, I'm out!"?
Is it when I cry every night?

If I quit, is it letting "the man" win?

When is a PhD more important than happiness?

I think I have an answer for that last one... NEVER!

Maybe I have had enough.



You might want to read the article printed on the December edition of Physics Today.

1 comment:

Lost in Translation said...

animooooooooo Yili!!!!!!! no decaigas!!!!!!!!!